Think about all the things you carry when going on a long trip to make yourself more comfortable. You might have a book, a hat, some snacks, a neck pillow – some people even carry a change of socks in their backpack! While a dog might not need as much as you do, they’re still sensitive and intelligent animals that do better with some creature comforts. Just like you wouldn’t get on a 12-hour flight with nothing but the clothes on your back, your dog shouldn’t have to suffer through an already stressful experience either.
With Winter in full effect, it’s that time of year to start thinking about how to keep your dog
extra warm during the cold months. Of course, not everyone lives in a cold weather
environment, but even sunny places can get cold enough in the early morning or late at night
for your dog to need some extra protection. That being said, not every dog is built the same.
Some breeds can handle the cold with little to no extra protection, while others would benefit
from a coat on even a slightly chilly day.
When people are planning a big trip with their dog, there are a few things that most people think to consider. Research into pet-friendly hotels, airlines, and restaurants. Rules about air travel. What kinds of toys to bring with you to keep your furry friend happy.
If you are planning on taking a trip with your dog, the first step is always to make sure that you and your pet are prepared for the excursion and that you’ve researched pet friendly hotels and airlines. For those readers who are new to the experience, we’ve detailed some of things you’ll want to consider when first planning your trip in another post. Of course, once all the initial research has been done, you’ll want to focus on step two - actually enjoying your time with your pet!
A Blog To Gather Insights about Life with Service Dogs | SDRA
- What Is the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)?
- ADA and Service Dog Registration—What You Need To Know
- How To Make Your Dog A Service Dog: A Step-By-Step Guide
- How Do You Prove Your Dog is a Service Dog?
- 3 Tips on How to Select the Right Service Dog Vest
- What Mental Illnesses Qualify for a Service Dog?
- 14 Most Loyal Dog Breeds That Will Always Stay By Your Side
- Does Insurance Cover Service Dogs? What You Should Know
- How to Register Your Dog as a Service Dog in Florida
- Do You Have to Pay a Pet Deposit for a Service Animal?